To support development and growth in the choral arts.
- to encourage and promote choral events and activities for choristers of all ages.
- to provide opportunities for professional development of conductors.
- to foster choral music education at all levels of study.
- to provide incentives for research and study of choral literature and performance practices.
- to encourage the creation of new choral works.
- to promote new initiatives in the choral arts.
- to provide opportunities for training in choral arts administration.
- to advance the improvement of choral performance facilities.
- to seek further donors to the Foundation.
What is the Foundation for Choral Music in Manitoba?
Foundation for Choral Music in Manitoba (FCMM) exists for one important purpose: to assist choirs throughout the province in their special projects. Most of the objectives (stated on these pages) have been fulfilled. Choirs have received assistance to bring in experienced professionals for workshops and performances and for commissioning new works. Individuals have received assistance in their pursuit to become more qualified choral educators and directors. New initiatives have been successfully staged; and special choral events have breathed new life into our choirs all over. As one might expect, when the news spread, the demands for funding increased.
Half of the million-dollar gift is in the care of The Winnipeg Foundation, and the other half is invested. The proceeds from these two sources (currently at the rate of about five percent) produce the revenue for FCMM to provide grants to the choral community in Manitoba.
Contributions to expand the resources of the FCMM would increase its effectiveness in assisting more of the nearly 1000 choirs in the Province of Manitoba. Individuals, groups and corporations are invited to seriously consider making further contributions to expand the possibilities for choirs to realize their program dreams.